Any open positions at the Victoria Regional Airport will be listed below. Victoria County is an equal opportunity employer.
Operations/Maintenance Specialist II
Pay Grade: $14.47 - $17.17
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Safety/Security Sensitive: Yes
GENERAL PURPOSE: Under general supervision, performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, repair, upkeep work, and provides customer service at the Victoria Regional Airport (KVCT).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Assists in providing for the delivery or high quality customer service; communicates with General Public, hangar tenants, day visitors and others in order to facilitate daily operations, special events and maintenance of airport grounds and buildings and to ensure a positive experience while at the Airport.
- Performs airfield inspections, maintenance and repairs of Airport facilities, including but not limited to the airfield, roadways, structures, work areas and facilities, and ground support equipment, incompliance with applicable FAA (Federal Aviation Administration), OSHA and TXDOT (Texas Department of Transportation) regulations, as well as with departmental procedures and Victoria County policies.
- Assures that all activities meet State and Federal safety compliance regulations; enforces compliance with safety notices and use regulations from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT).
- Operates a variety of trucks and specialized airport equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures; inspects, cleans and performs routine maintenance work on truck and equipment; identifies and reports mechanical problems and damage.
- Performs routine building maintenance and custodial duties and a variety of manual labor tasks, maintains structures and equipment, and makes maintenance repairs.
- Completes daily logs, inspections and reports as required.
- Promptly report emergency situations to the designated parties and implements response procedures; may assist with aircraft crash rescue duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED, and a minimum of one (1) year applicable experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
Preferred Knowledge of:
- Airport and County organization, operations, policies and procedures.
- Applicable laws, standards and regulations relating to airport operations and safety precautions
- OSHA safety standards and safe work practices, basic knowledge of FAA Part 139, and handling/storage of Hazmat.
- Tools, materials, equipment, techniques and procedures used in maintenance and preventative maintenance of an aviation facility.
- Airport security and safety procedures.
- Airport specialty vehicle and equipment operation, maintenance and safety procedures.
- Principles of record keeping and records management.
Required Skill in:
- Performing a wide variety of semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance and repair of airport facilities and equipment.
- Safe operation of trucks, tractors/shredders, weed eaters, mowers, man lifts, ladders, and other medium equipment and maintenance tools.
- Reading and interpreting technical specifications for vehicles and equipment.
- Reading, interpreting, understanding and applying airport safety standards and procedures.
- Dealing tactfully and courteously with the general public, and providing effective and friendly customer service.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with Airport employees, Airport tenants, and the general public.
- Operating a personal computer to check work related emails and/or work orders.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions, with exposure to hazardous equipment, required constant physical efforts for extended periods, and ability to safely lift, carry and move items weighing up to eight (80) pounds.
- Must be able to work irregular hours including weekends, holidays and evenings. May be required to work immediately before, during or immediately after an emergency or disaster.
Apply to Human Resources, Victoria County Courthouse. EEOE. No phone calls please. Applications are required. Employment Applications can be found online under the employment jobs link or County of Victoria Application For Employment
Victoria County Human Resources
115 N. Bridge St., Room 127
Victoria, TX 77901